Saturday, July 8, 2017

The Beguiled


Jean, I think this was one of the best films I have seen in a long time. It has the setting and costumes and acting by the entire cast and a well directed story line. From beginning to end, it has a consistent excellent handling of the material. (Some reviewers thought it was limited by being, maybe, from the women character's view , with stylist touches and not embracing the true violence of the story. I did not see any of that .) The main characters of Nicole Kidman and Colin Farrell and Kirsten Dunst all give very believable performances. In only 93 minutes, I think you get a great bit of arresting story-telling by Sofia Coppola. There are periods where I do not think I moved a muscle so absorbed was I. Dad

P.S. The Previews are:

Landline
A Ghost Story
The Glass Castle
Atomic Blonde
Dunkirk

No comments:

Post a Comment