Monday, March 11, 2013

Oz the Great and Powerful


Jean, I think you have to see this picture for just the amazing vistas, landscapes, black forests, emerald cities, Tyrolean villages, etc. It really gives you a magician, three witches, flying baboons, and a story line with some switches  but ends up where you should be. You can make some criticisms here and there but I think you have to take the movie as a whole and in that I think they succeed in their effort to take on such a famous story. It is long at 130 minutes and it begins to drag some at about 90 minutes but stay with it. They give you one of the biggest endings I can ever remember. And for some reason the 3D holds up for me  throughout the film. I think it is worth it in seeing this one in 3D.  Dad

P.S. The previews in 3D were:

Oblivion
The Great Gatsby
The Croods
Ironman 3
Star Trek: Into Darkness
MU: Monster University

No comments:

Post a Comment